“Funny how we don’t have time to improve, but we have plenty of time to perform work inefficiently and to resolve the same problems over and over” (EW Deming)
Recent experience: Supporting Kent, Surrey and Sussex Academic Health Sciences Network with business development; introducing modelling and simulation to test new healthcare processes; tailoring and use of a web portal for social media based Dementia consultation and engagement; reviewing NICE Medical Technology Evaluation Programme (MTEP) guidance to support commissioning decisions.
George works in the following areas:
· Project management (PRINCE 2 accredited)
· Modelling and simulation
· Strategic and business planning
· Business analysis
· Value for money analysis, cost effectiveness studies and health economic evaluation
· Service, pathway and lean redesign
· Information systems development and implementation
· Performance monitoring and benchmarking
· Acute commissioning including contract development, negotiation and management
· Intellectual property protection and exploitation
Career: Medical research in a hospital chest department; IT systems development with a major bank; marketing and sales with a small software company; Intellectual property protection and commercialisation, operational management and strategic planning in NHS acute trusts; NHS commissioning and contract management; management consultancy.
Achievements: “My proudest achievement is leading a team in creating a novel computer system to record and reduce cancer waiting times and gaining strong clinical engagement to use it effectively”.
Education: BSc Hons. Physics and Mathematics (Sussex University); MSc Medical Electronics and Physics (University of London); PhD Medicine (University of London); Master of Business Administration – MBA (Henley Management College).